Prices have skyrocketed within the economic downturn but fortunately, there are still ways that it can save you money. Using coupons offered in newspaper or from the website is a great way of spending less cash around the things you need. Nowadays, these discounts are available every day and they can be obtained quite easily. It is a wise decision to clip coupons after which rely on them to save money on groceries. Below I will share some methods on how to make use of your coupons correctly:
1. First, gather coupons from various sources such as home mailers, the Sunday newspaper or from websites. Stores commonly offer coupons in various forms. Some stores offer coupons printed on the back of the receipts as the others put them around the items themselves.
2. Group your coupons into categories. You can group them into various categories if you have a large number. If you only have a restricted number, group them into two classes, namely foods and nonfood items. In addition, separate coupons from stores and the ones from manufacturers. Then, place them into envelopes.
3. When you write your shopping list, sort through your coupons. Prioritize the ones that are almost ready to expire by planning meals which include those items.
4. Know your store circulars so that you can use the right coupons each time you shop. Make sure that you know the sales of the day to complement the coupons in the envelopes.
5. Each store has different policy about coupon usage. Read their policy before making an order. Some stores allow people to use a store coupon along with a manufacturer's coupon on a single product, but some stores do not let you to do that. Read their policy carefully to be able to really obtain the discount that you expect. In addition, you also need to read the coupon rules. Typically, they let you know about the items which you can purchase to acquire a discount, the amount of items along with the brand. For example, you may want to purchase two boxes of cereal to acquire $1 discount.
6. Research different brands prior to making a purchase. It's a wise decision to check on various brands including generic ones. Sometimes, the generic or store-branded item enables you to spend less money even though you purchase it without needing a coupon. On the other hand, the brand-name products are probably still more expensive than the generic ones even if you use a coupon.
- There are no comments yet